Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Dave's story

Well I am on the same honeymoon but I am having an alternative experience.
Never refuse to give a gypsy woman money when she asks for it.
We were having a great time up to Cordoba when a gypsy was showing off her drugged up baby to the tourists and expecting some money. She probably has more money than me and was certainly better dressed! However we probably looked an easy target buying ice creams. I plainly refusze her rather aggressive begging. However there were to be consequences.
1; later on that day or earlier the next morning after arriving at Andrea,'s sister's villa in Competa (ouside Malaga) Bob and had a masterclass in diving. Quite fun but a sober onlooker would have been amazed at the olympian dives into a 3m by 4m pool. Needless to say that I am now sporting a small scqr on my forehead. The pain was shortlived and I tucked into my next cerveza by 6pm the following afternooon.
2; Constipation. Not normally experienced by me as I am an olympic standard pooer being vegetarian. Obviously as the result of some sort of black magic.
3; Wasps. Normally wasps are my freinds. I don't trouble them and they just lick or kiss me. Not after black magic gypsy woman however. We stopped at a Spanish parking:mugging area on the motorway and i had a sudden burning on my leg. I thought I was on fire. It was a wasp sting!!!! I have never been properly stung _ thye normally just crawl over me.
4; Biblical hailstorms. Just outside Girona. Hailstones the size of golf balls
That was all due I'm sure to not pleasing the gypsy woman. So from now on I shall carry a piece of lucky heather to give to the next begging woman with baby.
So luck has now turned for the better after purchasing some magic French pooing potion and drinking many "Felicitations" with the owner of La Casa de L'Art in Perpignan and his wife, two children and assorted freinds. Wer went in for one drink around 8pm but after sampling every drink we finally left about midnighty and I can't remember getting back to the hotel. Certainly Sam arrived way before me for some reason.
Now we are in Avignon. Not sure if I should drink today but with all these bars it would probably be rude not to. Let's see what adventures unravel today!!!!

A bientot

Dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home